Wix pricing plans change and are completely different from region to region, depending on which country you live in. And as the time of writing, the pricing is accurate and might be different now. Oh, andby the way, some of the links in this might affiliate links and if you through my links, I might get a commission.
Wix pricing plan review aims to give you a detailed explanation of all the various pricing plans that are available for Wix users. So we will discuss current Wix pricing tires and elve deep into their features to help you make a good decision on the pricing plan to go for. Plus you will also learn whether Wx is right for you or if you are better off going with a different website builder.
In the past couple of years, Wix has been engaged aggressive marketing campaigns. They had huge marketing campaigns involving the biggest stars in the world such as Heidi Klum, Jason Statham, and Wonder woman herself!
However, all these star campaigns certainly did help. But in my own opinion, it just the “be everywhere “attitude that the folks at Wix adopted that played a major role in making the company a household name. Wix is involved in hosting more than 160 million websites worldwide.
Not to mention, Wix has offices spread across the globe including Ireland, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ukraine, India, Lithuania, and the United States, etc. Now you get the picture right?
Wix is among the top website builder in the market. If you want the easiest way to get a site up and running overnight, then Wix is your best bet. Wix.com offers stunning designs and an easy to use website builder.
Wix pricing, what’s the deal, and how does that fit into your budget and over business plan? Is it something that you would like to commit to?
So, are you thinking of purchasing Wix? But have second thoughts? Well, then you are in luck. Because we are going to take a closer look at Wix pricing and what you should keep in mind before purchasing.
Wix Pricing-What To Keep In Mind Before You Buy
What is Wix?
First things first!
You should know about the company you are buying from. Period.
So, let’s dive into the history of this huge company.
Wix.com Ltd. is an Israeli based software company that was founded in 2006. Wix primarily provides cloud-based web development services.
Likewise, Wix has many online drag and drop tools that can be used for building HTML5 websites and mobile sites.
Do You Need Wix?
Before discussing the Wix pricing, let’s level with this.
Do you actually need to purchase Wix?
Here is some information about who should use Wix.
Wix has eye-catching layouts. These are specially put together for small businesses, online stores, restaurants, musicians and photographers, etc. These can be customized however they need using many applications that are included in the Wix App Market. These layouts are super optimized for mobile devices that further can seal the deal for you.
According to websitetooltester.com Wix is like a pre-built house. In other words, they say that most of its fundamental aspects are fixed and cannot be changed. However, you can customize it by choosing themes and using several apps as you would paint your house walls and add preferred furniture.
Armin Pinggera at websitetooltester.com further says that he had a specific web design in mind when he was starting to make their Tooltester.net. Website. The requirement was to build it as soon as possible.
He couldn’t choose WordPress because if he did, he needed to think about security updates, etc. to continue. There was not enough time for that.
Finally, he chose two top-rated builders that are Weebly and Wix. However, when it came to Weebly, he didn’t have much choice to build the website to make it look optimal for mobile devices.
So, he used Wix to build the website.
Unsurprisingly, Wix was perfect for the job. The Wix editor was built to help the users work with ease providing many beneficial tools like photo filters and animated texts.
So, as you can see if you need a perfectly optimized web hosting and building company, then that’s why you should go for Wix.com.
However, before jumping into conclusions, let’s talk about Wix pricing.
Is A Wix Website Really Free?
Wix has got a free plan for you if you are really strapped for cash or if you are just starting your website. And this is for as long as you want. But you know what that means don’t you?
The free plan has several limitations. For instance, you get a very low bandwidth and storage space. That means the amount of media you can upload is very limited and the site can only handle very limited traffic.
There is also the fact that Wix’s advertising will be all over your site. So to get rid of those ads, you need to upgrade and you don’t get a custom domain. You will be stuck with Wix branded domain name.
So if you are still interested in getting the Wix free plan, for now, here is the breakdown of what you get;
- No set costs
- A free website builder
- Free hosting
- 1GB bandwidth capacity
- 500 MB storage capacity
Pro Tip 1
If you are just starting, the free plan is good enough because you won’t be seeing much traffic to your site anyway at the early stage. So you can use this to your advantage and only upgrade when you start starts to see serious traffic.
How Much Does Wix Cost?
If you are just trying out Wix you can head over to their website and give their editor a look-see. You can choose a template and build your website. There are endless choices that you can try out.
However, when it comes to Wix pricing, there are 7 plans you can choose from. The Wix pricing ranges from US$ 4.50 per month to US$ 35 per month for yearly subscriptions.
A quick breakdown of Wix’s most important plans
Two main categories are Website and Business & E-Commerce.
In the website category, you will find 4 plans starting with,
- The Connect Domain plan that costs US$ 4.50 per month,
- Combo plan that costs US$ 8.50 per month,
- The unlimited plan that costs US$ 12.50 per month,
- and finally, The VIP plan that costs US$ 24.50 per month.
In the Business & E-Commerce category, you will find 3 plans starting with,
- Business Basic plan that costs US$ 17 per month,
- Business Unlimited plan that costs US$ 25 per month,
- Business VIP plan that costs US$ 35 per month.
NOTE: These monthly rates are applicable only for yearly subscriptions.
Wix Pricing : Video Walkthrough
We understand that some of you would like to watch a video to get the Wix pricing information. If you need a visual guide to decide the best plan for you or just general information on Wix, watch the video…. for more information.
Wix Pricing Plans
Here are Wix website Plans in detail. Now, let’s talk about what Wix offers for their highlighted website plans.
Wix Website Plan
1. In the website category, the 1st plan is the Connect Domain. This is the Most Basic package they have. For a yearly subscription, this plan includes 1GB Bandwidth, 500MB Storage, and Connecting your Domain.
However, if you decide to pay monthly, the subscription cost will be US$ 7.00 per month which means US$ 84 per year. Plus, monthly subscriptions don’t provide you with the free domain, premium apps, and ad vouchers.
So, if you take the yearly subscription, it will be US$ 4.50 per month which means US$ 54 per year. This way you can save US$ 30.
For a 2 year subscription, your monthly charge will be US$ 4.00. In other words, you are going to pay US$ 96 per 2 years which will save you US$ 72 in the process.
However, this basic plan displays Wix brand ads.
2. The second website plan on Wix is the Combo plan for Personal Use. This package offers you 2GB Bandwidth, 3GB Storage, connecting your Domain, Removing Wix Ads, 30 Video Minutes, and a Free Domain for 1 Year.
You can choose their Monthly subscription that is US$ 12.00 and is US$ 144 per year. However, you won’t get the Free Domain for 1 Year.
If you decide to go with the Yearly subscription plan, it will be US$ 8.50 per month. That is US$ 102 per year. This way you are going to save US$ 42.
If you prefer you can go for the 2 Year subscription which is US$ 8.00 per month. This means you will be paying US$ 192 per 2 years. Choosing this plan is going to save you US$ 96.
3. Now we are going to take a look at the Wix Most Popular plan which is the Unlimited package. This plan is especially recommended for Entrepreneurs & Freelancers.
In this package, you will see a new set of features that are added. This plan offers Connecting your Domain, Unlimited Bandwidth, Removing Wix Ads, 10GB Storage, 1 Video Hour, and a Free Domain for 1 Year.
The special features are the Site Booster App and the Visitor Analytics App that are worth US$ 60, which means US$ 120 in total.
Site Booster App can help you pull more traffic into your website while making it highly visible on search engines such as Google. This helps you to get listed in top-tier directories as well.
Visitor Analytics App, on the other hand, can provide you insights and stats on your site. These visitor analytics lets you get a clear vision of your visitors’ locations and find out how your website pages’ popularity.
If you take the monthly subscription which is US$ 16.00, it will be US$ 192 per year. Although you will lose both of those aforementioned apps (Site Booster App and Visitor Analytics App) and the Free Domain for 1 Year.
If you go for the yearly subscription which costs US$ 12.50 per month you will save US$ 42 because the total charge per year would be US$ 150.
For a subscription plan of 2 Years, it will be US$ 11.50 per month. That will be US$ 276 per 2 years which will save you US$ 108.
4. Last but not least, the First Priority Support VIP plan. For a standard yearly subscription, the package offers Unlimited Bandwidth, 20GB Storage, Connecting your Domain, Removing Wix Ads, the above-mentioned Site Booster App, Visitor Analytics App, and a Free Domain for 1 Year.
You will get 2 Video Hours for this VIP subscription. The other feature is the Priority Response. What this basically does is, when you have an issue, you can enter that on the Wix Answers page. Then Wix will push that ticket in front of the line and will give you an instant response.
The other offered feature is VIP Support. In this, you will get exclusive VIP phone support from Monday through Thursday. Your call will be the top priority which is answered from 6 am to 5 pm PST.
This plan will also provide you with a Professional Logo that is worth US$ 50. The logo is specifically created to relate your brand which is made with Wix Logo Maker. You are not only going to get the full commercial usage rights but you will receive any file type you want of your logo design.
The other feature is the Social Media Logo files. You will get over 40+ different sizes of your logo that are fixed and ready to be published on your brand’s social media.
The Wix pricing for this plan starts with a Monthly plan that is US$ 30.00. You will be paying US$ 360 per year. However, you won’t have the Free Domain for 1 Year, Site Booster App, or the Visitor Analytics App, Professional Logo, and the Social Media Logo files.
When you choose the yearly subscription that is US$ 24.50 per month, it will cost US$ 294 per year which will save you US$ 66.
If you choose the 2 Year subscription, it will be US$ 23.00 per month. You will have to pay US$ 552 per 2 years which will save you US$ 168.
Wix Business and E-commerce Plans in Detail
In the Business & E-Commerce section, there are mainly 3 packages you can choose from. Let’s see the Wix pricing for each plan.
1. Wix First Business & E-Commerce plan is Business Basic. In this plan, the users can do Online Payments, get Unlimited Bandwidth, 20GB Storage, 5 Video Hours, Site Booster App, Visitor Analytics App, and a Free Domain for 1 Year.
In addition to these features, this plan includes Connecting Your Domain, Removing Wix Ads, and provides Google Analytics.
If you choose the monthly subscription that is US$ 21.00, it will be US$ 252 per year. However, you are not going to get the Free Domain for 1 Year, Site Booster App, and the Visitor Analytics App.
If you go for the yearly subscription it will be US$ 17.00 per month which is US$ 204 per year. This way you will save US$ 48.
Lastly, if you purchase the 2 Years subscription it will be US$ 15.50 per month. For 2 years you will be paying US$ 372 and you will save US$ 132.
2. The most popular plan they have in this section is the Business Unlimited plan. Wix specifically recommends this plan for those who try to grow their businesses.
In this plan you will see features such as Accepting Online Payments, Unlimited Bandwidth, 35GB Storage, Connecting Your Domain, Removing Wix Ads, 10 Video Hours, Google Analytics, Free Domain lasts up to 1 Year, Visitor Analytics App, Professional Logo, Site Booster App, and Social Media Logo files.
The basic Monthly plan is US$ 30.00 per month. In a year you will be paying a total of US$ 360. This subscription doesn’t include the Free Domain that lasts up to 1 Year, Site Booster App, Professional Logo, Visitor Analytics App, and Social Media Logo files.
The yearly subscription that is US$ 25.00 per month will be a total of US$ 300 a year. However, you will be saving US$ 60.
You can choose the 2 Year subscription option that is US$ 22.00 per month. You will be paying US$ 528 for the whole two years. In this process, you will save US$ 192.
3. The 3rd plan is the Business VIP. This allows you to access the Full suite. This plan has features including, Accepting Online Payments, Unlimited Bandwidth, 50GB Storage, Connecting Your Domain, Removing Wix Ads, Unlimited Video Hours, Google Analytics, Priority Response, VIP Support, a Free Domain for 1 Year, Social Media Logo files, Site Booster App, Visitor Analytics App, and a Professional Logo.
There is a Monthly subscription that is US$ 40.00 which is US$ 480 per year. However, you will lose the Free Domain that lasts up to 1 Year, Site Booster App, Visitor Analytics App, Social Media Logo files, and a Professional Logo.
If you choose the Yearly subscription that is US$ 35.00 you will be paying US$ 420 for the whole year. You will also save US$ 60.
The last one is the 2 Years subscription plan that is US$ 30.00. You will pay for the whole amount of US$ 720 per 2 years. This way you are going to save US$ 240.
The bottom line is you will get more benefits if you choose the 1 year or the 2 years subscription plans in every plan. This saves you a lot of money as well.
Purchasing a 3-year Premium Plan
In case you are thinking of upgrading your premium plan to a 3-year subscription you can,
- Go to the Upgrade page.
- Select the website you would like to upgrade.
- Select the option for a 3-year subscription.
- Now enter your payment details correctly.
- Submit your Purchase.
The important thing to remember is, this upgrading feature is not supported for every user and plan. They state that their Business & eCommerce Premium Plans are not included.
Likewise, this 3-year subscription is said to save you a lot of money if you have monthly or yearly subscriptions. You will be charged once every 3 years automatically to avoid interruptions. Nevertheless, you can turn off this auto-renewal option if you want.
Wix Pricing Plans Regionally
It should be not that Wix pricing plans differ from country to country as I stated above. For example, from India, you get this…
Wix pricing plans for Canada…
Wix pricing for UK
Just be aware that the pricing and features you will be offered depends of where exactly you live in the world and as most of their US customers have come to find out, the prices differ from one part of the US to another.
What Does Each Wix Premium Plan Include?
Having a look at the Wix pricing for each subscription, now you might have a pretty clear idea of what you should choose. However, it is crucial to keep the general benefits they provide in your mind too.
1. You will get the custom domain for regular websites.
2. With Wix’s Free Hosting, your website will be fast and reliable.
3. Regular websites also get increased storage that can help you upload more quality media.
4. Because of Google Analytics, you can keep track of your website traffic and analyze to further optimize your website’s performance with accurate data.
5. You get 24/7 priority support for any of your queries.
6. With a Customized Favicon, your website will get a customized icon for the browser tab to make your brand stand out.
1. The first and foremost benefit is the 14 Day Money Back Guarantee. This applies to all the aforementioned Premium Plans regardless of regular or Business & E-commerce. There is no guarantee that you will definitely like Wix, therefore if you are not 100% satisfied they will refund your money.
2. When you pay for Wix services you don’t need to be afraid of your sensitive information. Wix protects it by using the 256-bit SSL encryption. This secure path opens a stress free online shopping experience.
3. Premium plans allow you to pay at checkout easily. Accepting online payments is a huge convenience for users who are willing to purchase from Wix.
4. There are a variety of payment methods you can choose from.
5. You are getting your custom domain which will help you to be visible online and emphasize your business.
6. You can own your website by not displaying Wix ads. This helps you to build your own brand without any interruptions.
7. For premium plans, you get more storage. That means you can upload rich content to your website without a hassle.
Wix Free Plan: Is It Any Good?
You might have second thoughts about purchasing a premium plan from Wix without knowing them well. If this resonates with you then you can be a free Wix user. You can head over to the Wix website and start using their advanced tools and features to get started.
This free plan’s most outstanding feature is hundreds of customizable templates that you can use to build your website. If you need to get the job done fast, these are ideal. Not to mention, they have a huge collection of images, clip-arts, and icons, etc. to include in your website.
You can have a free and secure web hosting that will grow your online presence.
The other fundamental benefit is that you can use email marketing, SEO assistance, etc. to promote your business. There are many marketing solutions you can choose from.
As we have discussed at the beginning of this article, Wix provides you with a well-optimized mobile version of your site that will come in handy for increasing the website’s professional appeal and make the customer access your website quick and easy.
If you sneak a peek at the Wix App Market you will see hundreds of free apps that you can use.
With this free plan, you will get a free Wix domain (username.wixsite.com/siteaddress) and 24/7 support.
Last but not least, you are entitled to 1GB bandwidth and 500MB storage.
Needless to say, you will have a lot more reliability and speed with a premium plan. But this is a pretty decent plan to venture Wix and test your website building skills.
4 Hidden Costs You Should Be Aware Of Before Signing Up to Wix
If someone has a no-profit mindset then that business is done for. Wix, on the other hand, is a mammoth company. Needless to say, they are going to add business strategies to include hidden charges here and there.
Therefore, keep your eyes peeled for these hidden costs before you hurry and purchase a plan from them.
In addition to that, the Wix website itself says to check the final price at the purchasing page because taxes will be added according to your billing address. So, take your time and figure out what you expect from Wix.
1. Wix gives quite a lot of promotions which is natural when you first sign up. However, they last just for the first year. After one year the prices will come back to normal which might be too much for you. If this happens without you noticing, you might end up paying much more than you have ever anticipated.
2. We talked about the “Free domain” repeatedly in the last topics. The free domain that comes with the yearly subscription literally lasts for 1 year. You should pay $12-16 per year in order to renew your domain.
The other frustration is, the free domain voucher you are given doesn’t have a Private Registration. To make your information anonymous that avoids harassment and spam you need to pay an extra fee of $9.90.
3. To have a customized Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) through Google’s G Suite, you need to pay $6 per month.
4. Of course, many useful apps that are offered by Wix are free. But not all of them. You need to pay around $3 to $15 a month to buy the best apps. Compared to Wix plans, WordPress.com’s Business plan is pricey but you will pay less in the long run because you won’t need to buy extra apps to boost your website’s performance.
How can I pay for my Wix subscription?
You can pay for your Wix subscription easily via credit cards and debit cards. Wix accepts American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners, Visa, Mastercard. However, there might be alternative payment methods available according to your location.
For instance, if you are located in Europe you can pay your subscription payments by direct debit (SEPA). This would take 2-7 business days to go through.
You can find VAT invoices in your Billing History when you log in to your Wix account. You can see your full billing history there.
Moreover, Paypal is not yet supported for Wix.
What are the Wix Pricing Plans We Recommend the Most?
Considering all the bits and pieces of Wix pricing, if you need to build a regular website Wix Combo plan can be the perfect fit for you. Mainly because unlike in the Connect Domain plan, it provides a decent amount of features for you to get started.
If you need to build a Business & E-Commerce website then the Business Basic plan would be ideal. It provides all the key features except the Professional Logo and the Social Media Logo files which won’t be an issue. You can even outsource a designer to do those for you or, even better you can do it yourself!
However, at the end of the day, it’s totally up to you to make the decision. But, do your research and choose what plan suits you the best.
What About Email Accounts?
Just like we have discussed earlier in the topic of the hidden costs, you will need to pay $6 per month in order to get your email account. When compared to this cost, you can get your Email accounts for a starting price of $12 per year from Jimdo which is a pretty good deal.
You can also purchase a domain name using a third party such as Namecheap to your Email account which will be $10 per year. Again, this will save you a considerable amount of money from reaching out to another provider.
Online Professionals Who Use Wix
Wix is being used by millions of people around the world. But, they are not only the people who are just starting their online businesses or trying to switch to a better provider. Professionals who have been working in the online business industry have chosen Wix for their work too.
Wallaroo Media which is an SEO Agency has been in the online business industry since 2009. It is a huge SEO agency that has worked with brands such as Disney, IKEA, and the NBA, etc. They have started working with Wix and were immediately impressed. The founder of Wallaroo Media has talked about Wix and stated, “It’s very, very seamless.” He also recommends Wix for local businesses.
Another fine example is the Awaken Studio which is a Design agency. Karen Sokolow who is the CEO of this design company encountered Wix and was working with them ever since. She admits that Wix is like home to her. She also has added that Wix has a way of listening to their clients and their needs. She further stated, “There isn’t another company I know of that sits with experts, takes their feedback into consideration, and changes the product accordingly.”
The other example is Codable. Nayeli Gomez is a seasoned web Developer who recommends Wix for anyone who has the spark of potential to bring something innovative into the world. She is a strong believer in sharing knowledge and building a community.
Wix Pricing Summary
1. In Regular websites, Connect Domain, Most Basic plan’s 1-year subscription starting price is US$ 4.50 per month.
2. In Regular websites, Combo For Personal Use plan is US$ 8.50 per month for a yearly subscription.
3. In Regular websites, the Unlimited plan that is ideal for Entrepreneurs & Freelancers is US$ 12.50 per month for the yearly subscription.
4. In Regular websites, VIP, First Priority Support plan costs US$ 24.50 per month for the yearly subscription.
5. In Business & eCommerce websites, Business Basic plan is US$ 17.00 per month for the 1-year subscription.
6. In Business & eCommerce websites, the Business Unlimited plan will be US$ 25.00 per month for the yearly subscription.
7. In Business & eCommerce websites, a yearly subscription of the Business VIP plan
The bottom line is Wix is a great option for anyone out there who is trying to bring their business out into the world and build their brand. As we discussed throughout this article Wix has a lot of options that you can choose from.
Nevertheless, the most important thing is choosing the best plan for you. If you manage to do that you are all set.
Likewise, Wix’s uptime is apparently pretty decent. If the website uptime doesn’t go close to 100% it is considered poor. However, Wix’s uptime is 99.95% which is great.
Wix has a lot of exceptional traits to achieve its current dominance in the web industry.
Choose your plan wisely keeping your eye on Wix pricing and benefits. This way it’s certain that you can use Wix to do great things